Hurry up and wait, and then your like "Whoa Nellie...", are you kidding me? We can't move in May. I don't think... Let's be realistic here - that would be a damn adoption miracle. A bureaucratic miracle, and those are about as rare as rocking horse shite! But - we better get on it and start preparing nonetheless.
Can you say overwhelming? There is a lot to do to prepare for moving overseas!
Time to make a lists, and lists of lists...
- Find loving foster home for sweet Koda
- Find foster home for turtles
- Find new home for parrot
- Find tenants to rent our house who will look after our cats/chickens
- Find/Borrow 6 suitcases (We have 4+ already, but can bring 3 each)
- All business paperwork up to date and finalized
- Sell business B
- Find home in Nairobi
- Hopefully make extra $ or fundraise for remaining adoption fees/airfare so we don't have to borrow it (Winning the lottery would be nice - just putting it 'out there'. ;)
- Get vaccinations (ha... I just wrote vacations... yes, that would be nice too.)
- Pack away the house
- Renew Passports
- Look into home schooling
And a million other things (let me know if you can think of any!!), but my brain is a bit frazzled right now. This will be a work in progress!
The problem as I see it - is that almost everyone of the above requires it own list! They are HUGE tasks!