I'm not a fruit fan, but love plums... and love them even more when they are fresh picked! Plums are an excellent source of vitamin C, B complex vitamins and rich in minerals like potassium and iron.
Last night we tried a Plum Crisp for the first time, and it was a hit! Recipe as follows:
- 4 cups sliced plums
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar ( I reduced it to 1.5 TBS)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a medium bowl toss plums, flour, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon together.
- 3Pour into ungreased 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
- 4In a small bowl combine all topping ingredients.
- 5Mix with a fork until crumbly.
- 6Distribute topping mixture evenly over plums (I use my hands for this).
- 7Bake in 350 degree oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until topping is crispy and golden brown.
Serve warm with frozen yogurt - Yummilicious!