Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Why I Blog (*with tiny disclaimer*)

I wear my heart on my sleeve. I am confident. I have nothing to hide. I take ownership of my actions and who I am.

Blogging allows me to connect with other adoptive parents. Adoption is an incredibly difficult process and reading adoption blogs has already helped me along in this process. Adoption blogs provide information, and insight that you can't get anywhere else. They confirm that you are not alone in your thoughts, emotions and experience. Blogging is a portal for friends and family to support you and cheer you on through this process. It allows them to be a part of the journey that will bring their Granddaughter, niece, cousin, or little buddy home.

Blogging is a way for me to de-stress and get it off my chest, akin to journalling.

Blogging about adoption is to raise awareness... and help others find their way to their journey. On that note, once this adoption is complete, it is my goal to give back to Africa via missions, fundraising etc. I need readers to make it successful!

*Enter Disclaimer*
Although, I am quite aware that I am "putting it all out there" for the world to see - and quite content with that - , it does not grant anyone permission to tell us how to live our lives or offer unsolicited negatively toned advice or opinions. Welcomed here, with any thoughts and feedback, is fellow adopted parents, and supportive friends and family.

Read my blog for no other reason than because you like what I have to say or have an honest interest in our journey... *Exit Disclaimer*

I appreciate all those who do follow along with me on this journey... I hope my blog can one day provide you an ounce of information and support that I have received from reading your blogs and those of others.

My promise to you is to keep it real and honest. I will also keep it public for as long as possible. There may be a time where I have to become very vague about the country or details about our child... but only for the safety of the child and the adoption process/travel in country. However, if you know me or shoot me off a message - you will likely get more details than you needed! Also, obviously... I am trying to keep agency info etc. under the radar, but have no problems disclosing that information as well if you send me a message.

Please... don't hesitate to leave your comments, I love to hear your thoughts and see where you all (y'all?) are from. ;)

Blessings,

Jolene

No comments: