Thursday, February 17, 2011

Who doesn't love a sale?

When we used to live near the city, I would make 2 big clothes shopping trips a year. One in February and one in September. I would buy discounted clothes from the season past for my kids to wear the following season. This is the cheapest way to purchase clothes! Never mind consignmnet, or thrift stores - I typically get my clothes cheaper than I could at a thrift store! Living 3.5 hours away from the nearest city centre has certainly put a cramp on my shopping, and has increased our clothing budget. However, sometimes I can find some good deals at the big box stores we have here in Nelson. Last weekend I went out on the hunt for a winter jacket for Muffin next year. Found some great deals on jackets, but nothing her size. This is what I did pick up though...
4 pairs of jeans, 2 spring/fall jacket sweaters, a really nice pair of ski pants for Mister, and a nice summer jacket for Muffin. Not bad for $80!

No comments: