Thursday, March 24, 2011

Thursday update

Things are progressing ... little by little... slowly. I presented my director with the course that I found. It is put on the AFABC and is called AEP Self Study Plus. It is a new program, started on the 1st of this month. The next session is full, but there is room in the April session. My director is reviewing this with the executive director. I presented this to her on Tuesday - I am hoping she gets back to me by today the end of this week. The other option I presented is what the Adoption Centre does for their interior clients - they hire a local social worker to do the course with the client. I must say it is nice of these agencies to have some consideration for the clients who do live in the interior and make an effort to accomodate them. I hope my agency will do the same.

On the other side of the coin, one of the US agencies I have been speaking with has said that they could start presenting my profile to parents who are due after my expected home study completion. This is awesome! But... I am treading lightly. Knowing by now - not to get my hopes up. I have to make sure this is the right agency! They only placed 3 in Canada last year and they have yet to get back to me with my other questions. She did say that they only have 7 families who are willing to accept an African American baby. But I need confirmation on this as well as a few other things. The other hurdle is the next set of fees $11k! to be presented. I am currently working on my dossier while we figure out what pocket we are going to be pulling that out of!

No comments: