Tuesday, June 21, 2011

My Adoption (and other) Abbreviations

Yes, I will admit it - I am terrible for using shorthand in my emails and my blog. Can't help it - it's what got me through all those Marketing classes when the Prof. was going a mile a minute. (See... did it again!)

I typically try hard to correct all of my abbreviations, but occasionally miss one or two. So I thought I would compile a cheat sheet for those who may not be familiar with them...

PAP - Prospective Adoptive Parent
SW - Social Worker
HS - Home Study
E - Ethiopia
CIC - Citizenship and Immigration Canada
RAD - Reactive Attachment Disorder
BIO - Biological

Rec'v - Receive/d
LOL - Laugh out Loud
DH - Dear Husband
DD - Dear Daughter
DS - Dear Son
BTW - By the Way
IMO - In my Opinion

Muffin - My first born daughter
Mister- My son
FIL - Father in law
MIL - Mother in law
SIL - Sister in law

I think that is all I use... may have to update though as I go along!

On another note - it is the first day of Solstice, and I do believe that sun is making an appearance!! Yipee!

No comments: