Monday, September 26, 2011

My Owl visioned nursery.

Ever since I made the owl taggies and burp blankets, I have fallen in love with owls. They are so cute and whimsical. I know everyone is doing it - but who gives a hoot!



I know I have to realize that I may be bringing a 3 year old home, so I need to make this nursery so it can grow with her. No baby stuff.

These are the things that inspire me.

I am going to make a rag quilt full of appliques, a blend of these two quilts:



With this fabric: (I'll have to get some pink thrown in there too!!)


I want to paint the walls green:


And throw in some great accessories:





And put up a tree!


I want to get started on the quilt this fall, but everything else will have to wait until we get back. The great thing about owls - is they are gender neutral. If we get a girl and a boy, they will share a room while they are little and I can certainly tone down the pink...




While I try really hard to not purchase anything... (definition of 'try' is ' to attempt' - which does not mean I succeed!... in fact, I'm pretty good at failing in this department!) I caved at Costco and purchased a sheet set for $16!

No comments: