Thursday, July 21, 2011

Quotes for the Orphan...

Some of my favorite quotes:

I have come to realize more and more that the greatest disease and the greatest suffering is to be unwanted, unloved, uncared for, to be shunned by everybody, to be just nobody (to no one). 
Mother Teresa 

What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us. What we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

"If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one." -Mother Teresa

"I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples." -Mother Teresa

"I'd like to ask God why He lets poverty and injustice exist, why there are so many orphans and why He does nothing about it, but I am afraid He would ask me the same question." - Unknown

"As one person I cannot change the world, but I change the world of one person." - Paul Shane Spear

It’s easy to make a buck. It’s a lot tougher to make a difference.
Tom Brokaw

I hope you will judge yourselves not on your professional accomplishments alone, but also on how well you have addressed the world’s deepest inequities…on how well you treated people a world away who have nothing in common with you but your humanity.
Bill Gates

 It is not only for what we do that we are held responsible, but also for what we do not do. 
Moliere 

What is the use of living if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?
- Winston Churchill

Life's most persistent and urgent question is: what are you doing for others?                                          - Martin Luther King Jr.

Accomplishment is when you use your extra strength to help someone else, rather than to get to the top first.
- Donald Ernest Mansell

If you are not poor enough to take charity, you are rich enough to give it.
- Unknown

No comments: