Thursday, June 28, 2012

Canadian hurdle complete!


The documents managed to get on the Fedex truck headed to Kenya on Wednesday!! They are scheduled to arrive on Monday, which means we will make the deadline!!

Thank you all for your positive thoughts, prayers, well wishes and finger crossing!

I've inquired about the date of the next NAC meet and have asked for a confirmation that our documents will be submitted in time. I will keep you updated.

Tomorrow we are going to set up a table at our local June Market Fest, to sell our fabulous leather wrap bracelets... to help offset some of these adoption expenses. After our last little deferral go around, I am expecting another large invoice that is not in the budget.

Hubby has agreed to come and work the Market with me, and the kids are very excited to help as well. I may have to tone down some of the signage they have created. It's all very sweet - but I am really hesitant to plaster "Every bracelet we sell helps us to adopt our sister" messages over the display... written in 7 yr old printing, making me look like I'm exploiting my children for the pity purchase! I have about 5 dozen to sell... so here's hoping for good weather. ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! Such great news!

Candice said...

Woohoo for your documents making it!!!
And good luck at the market. :)

Jacquie said...

So glad to hear some good news!

Melissa said...

Glad to hear that you are going to meet the deadline! May the next steps be glitch free.