Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Fluoride, yes... Fluoride - NO!

Muffin's first trip to the dentist and I was rather amused by the way the question was posed to me."... do you think you want the fluoride?" with a tone that made it obvious that she already knew the answer! "No."

I know... I'm about to risk a chastising from all dental professionals out there. But consider this:
This is what we know about fluoride -
1.Fluoride is an acute toxin with a rating higher than lead!
2.Fluoride is a pollutant - a by-product of copper, iron and aluminum manufacturing.
3.The problem of how to legally dispose of fluoride was solved in the 1930's when a study (reportedly funded by one of the country's largest aluminum companies) concluded that fluoride prevented tooth decay.
4.Half a tube of fluoride tooth paste can kill a child!
5.You retain half of all fluoride ingested!
6.Ingestion of fluoride has known to cause these risks:
Risk to the brain.
Risk to the thyroid gland.
Risk to bones.
Risk for bone cancer.
Risk to the kidneys.


Does it prevent tooth decay? The verdict is out on that - just google it and you will find a multitude of conflicting reports. However - I could give a rat's arse! It's TOXIC WASTE - and that is undisputed! Why would I want to expose my child to a toxic waste? I don't care if it gave her the best teeth in the world! Honestly... let's think about this for a moment and think about how brainwashed we are to not even know what we are exposing ourselves to or to ask. I believe that corporations don't always act in the consumers best interest. Greed is a reality! I don't believe everything I am told. Research this for yourselves... please.

My Mom believed the same and did not allow us as children to have the treatments - heck they were doing it weekly at my school! I have suffered 1 cavity that I developed in my 20's and that is it! My teeth aren't rotting - and I still go to the ends of the earth to find my non-fluoridated toothpaste. If it's not recommended for babies, then clearly there is something wrong with it and it's not going in my mouth!

End of rant and back to the beginning - ;). I sat in the waiting room and found myself feeling great pride of our little community as every patient that walked in was asked the same question and the same answer was given. "No." I'm glad to find home in a place where the norm is not acceptable and people are taking charge of their own health!

Whatever your decisions may be... let them be based on your own research and some simple common sense!

No comments: