Friday, August 24, 2012

A doll suited for a Princess

Remember when I told you about my latest obsession?

Well, I have completed her.

Meet Zari... (Swahili meaning beautiful - I'm sure Zahra will rename her)


She was sent to me like this. Well almost - I gave her a belly button.


I also gave her a bum.


And gave her a cap to latch the hair onto.


I had a local lady dye and spin me some fabulous yarns for her hair. Merino Wool, Falkland Wool, and Romney Locks.


I gave her a dress, an updo and blushed her cheeks.

And here she is...

Standing 12" tall, with open arms, she awaits the love of a little girl.



6 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow! She looks great! I have also become obsessed with these dolls since first posted about them. Perhaps I will try to make one too :) Did you sew the dress?

Jolene said...

They are just so dang cute aren't they!? No, I did not sew this dress... but I do have fabric and intend to in the future. This dress I found on Etsy at Lisa's Lasses for $9. ;)

Candice said...

Wow!!! You did such a great job!! She looks so cute and cuddly!! Zahra is going to love her!! :)

Denise said...

Sooo cute! Now just pray she doesn't have Giselle's freakish fear of all things stuffed and plush... even dolls ;)

Jess said...

Oh my goodness! I love her! I especially love the pink in her hair. When we put yarn braids in Kembia's hair we put in pink or purple, but pink is my favorite. Your little girl is going to love it.

Chantel said...

This is so cute! I love what you did with her!