Thursday, August 29, 2013

3rd Birthday in Pink Princess Party Style!

We missed the 1st and 2nd birthdays, so we wanted to go big with her 3rd. Pinterest to the rescue, although a broken front axle on our ailing van held us up in Calgary, so it cut my preparation efforts down to a day and half... never the less, we think it was pretty pinktastic!

I had started with an over sized 3d collage. I wanted the collage to be her first 3 years. Unfortunately, I don't have many photos of her before we met her, but the few we had were certainly enjoyed by everyone.

Luckily, I had started this weeks ago. Let me tell you, it was not an easy project. If you are interested in making one, I have posted some shots below that will show how I made it. After the structure is complete, you cut and paste photos with Mod Podge.

 
 
 
 
I hung pink plastic table clothes from the dollar store, to look like curtains, tied back with tiaras.
 

I made tissue paper pom poms, and suspended them from the ceiling with fishing line. Tutorial Here. I did cut mine in various shapes and sizes for variety, and hung them at different heights.



 
 
Sparkly pink tulle from Walmart adorned our chairs.

 

 
Water bottle labels that I created on PicMonkey.
 

 
'Morning Dew' made from pink lemonade and lemon/lime soda, garnished with strawberries.
 
 
Cute little Tea Sandwiches, cut out with cookie cutters. We had 2 flavors, strawberry cream cheese/banana and marshmallow puff/strawberries. Yumm!
 
 
'Royal Gem' fruit salad, which I provided wooden skewers so the kids could make their own kabobs.
 

 
Pink Popcorn was a hit! Recipe Here.
 
 
 
Pink Strawberry cupcakes with strawberry cream cheese icing.

 
 

The refreshment table, if I would have had more time, I would have added the pink plastic table cloth curtains the back dining room wall.

For activities, we had a few different stations.


'The Royal Closet' which provided dress up fun!
 
 
 Princess Spa
 
We also had a couple other stations that I didn't get a chance to get photos of. We had the Royal Crowns, which was tiara and crown making. Tiaras were made out of hair bands, pipe cleaner and beads and the crowns were foam crowns purchased from the dollar store which we provided glitter etc for decorating. We also have the Palace Painting station, where the kids painted wooden masks, also purchased from the dollar store.
 
Zahra actually was actually catching up on her beauty sleep when the guests started to arrive. When she woke up, she was excited that 'her party' was finally here.
 
 
 
 
She was a little shy being the centre of attention, so she asked if her sister could help her blow out her candles.
 
 
 
 
 
Because I'm always behind the camera, this is the only photo I have of me on her birthday. You can see my pink highlight. Yes, I dyed my hair pink for her party!
 
When it came time to open presents, she once again felt a little shy with all eyes on her, so she asked her sister and friends for a little help.
 

 
It didn't take long though before she got into the swing of things.
 
 
After the children went to bed, this is how the parents ended the evening... with Pink Champagne.
 
 


1 comment:

Erin Davalos said...

Happy Birthday Z!! The pink popcorn and the tea sandwiches look great :)

p.s. Mama, you have to update your "About Me" to s househould of 3 kids :) yay!!